web analytics
abvparty.com
Health & Diet

Not sure how to deal with peanut allergies? Come see the following!

Not sure how to deal with peanut allergies? Come see the following!
Written by admin

Peanut allergy is an allergy that can cause a reaction when the person consumes food or drinks that contain peanuts. For allergy sufferers, consider peanuts to be harmful to the body. And allergy is anyone can experience it from babies under 3 years of age to adults, but in general, it occurs in children to be more likely to experience peanut allergy. Peanut allergy that attacks babies generally attacks babies at the age of 14 months to children aged 2 years. After that was allergic to peanuts will be contracted when the child grows up. Why is it like this? This happens because when someone suffers from these allergies when they are still very small, namely toddlers, generally the parents of the baby will take the baby to a pediatrician and an allergy doctor to cure the allergy, but what is unique is that this allergy can very rarely be cured or eliminated in total in terms of 100%. Most of the cases that happened revealed that the drugs taken during the baby suffered from peanut allergy only able to relieve symptoms and eliminate allergic reactions to the body until the child is a teenager, when the child reaches adulthood, the body’s allergies to peanuts will automatically react again. This problem is also stated in the results of several studies conducted by health medical teams around the world, which reveal that only about 20% of babies can fully recover from a peanut allergy and the remaining 80% will only experience recovery until adolescence and will return to being sufferers of peanut allergies when they are already. grown-up. [1] “quoted from page Halodo” To get definite results whether the child has a peanut allergy, the doctor will perform several examination steps to confirm the diagnosis, such as:

  • Physical examination.
  • Blood test. Blood tests can measure a person’s immune system response to certain foods by checking the amount of allergy-type antibodies in the bloodstream, known as immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies.
  • The doctor will ask about the person and family history of allergy symptoms. The person will also be asked about their overall health and family medical history, including any relatives with allergies.

Treatment of peanut allergy is carried out only with the aim of relieving symptoms and preventing allergic reactions. The best way to prevent peanut-allergic reactions is to avoid nuts and products containing peanuts. Take over-the-counter allergy tablets, such as chlorpheniramine, to relieve symptoms that can be considered mild. This medicine may cause drowsiness. Another treatment step against these allergies is immunotherapy. This treatment is carried out by doctors by giving a small amount of allergen treatment to sufferers gradually, in order to build immunity against these allergens. However, immunotherapy is not widely used because of the risk of causing anaphylactic reactions. If necessary, immunotherapy should be carried out under the supervision of an allergist. If you have allergy problems and are at high risk of developing a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis), it is advisable to always carry an epinephrine injection that is shaped like a pen. When an anaphylactic reaction occurs, this drug can be used to prevent fatal reactions. Some of the steps that need to be done are:

  • Seek medical help and make sure someone is there to accompany you when symptoms of anaphylaxis appear.
  • Use epinephrine injections, if you have them.
  • If you have an asthma attack, use an inhaler to relieve shortness of breath.

 

When medical help arrives, the doctor will give oxygen to help with breathing, corticosteroids to relieve inflammation, and antihistamines to relieve allergic reactions. If necessary, the doctor will also give you another epinephrine injection. Intensive treatment will be carried out if the symptoms appear very severe. However, beforehand the doctor will monitor the patient’s condition first until it is stable and allergy symptoms disappear. As for some of the complications that will occur due to Peanut Allergy. Allergy sufferers have a big risk such as anaphylactic shock (anaphylaxis) or severe allergic reactions. Here are some of the symptoms of anaphylaxis:

  • Blood pressure drops dramatically, triggering shock.
  • Unconscious.
  • Shortness of breath due to narrowing of the airways.
  • Heartbeat.
  • Swelling of the face.
  • Difficulty swallowing due to swelling in the throat.

 

The condition is very dangerous and must get immediate treatment by a doctor or medical officer. If not treated immediately, anaphylaxis can endanger the life of the sufferer which will be fatal. [2]

 

Source: Hellosehat.com

[1] Reference source Honestdocs.com

[2] Reference source Alodokter.com

About the author

admin

Leave a Comment

Copyright © 2021

close